I am the largest producer of VerJus in Niagara. Over time I have developed a VerJus which is used extensively in the local culinary world as well in spritzers for a great non-alcoholic drink. With a unique and refreshing flavor VerJus spritzers are popular as an alternative to wine when alcohol isn’t desired.
If you are located within the greater Toronto area I sell the VerJus through 100kmsfoods.com, outside of Toronto you can order directly.
Ordering and Payment Options
We’re working on other payment options. In the mean time, Interac e-Transfer is an option. (Contact us for more details).
Interac e-Transfer: Here’s how it works
All you need is an email address, access to online or mobile banking at a participating financial institution, and you’re ready to start. We will email a final confirmation that your order is in stock and the total amount to pay. Please do not send the funds until stock is confirmed. We cannot deposit less or more than what the etransfer is worth.
To send an Interac e-Transfer:
- Login to online or mobile banking at a participating financial institution
- Choose Interac e-Transfer (or Interac Email Money Transfer) within the Transfer/Payment menu options
- Add niagaracuisine.com as a recipient by entering our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the Interac e-Transfer information (dollar amount, account from which to withdraw the funds and the security question ( In this case your 6 digit order number starting with 41…. )
- Follow the instructions to confirm the information and complete the transfer
Once we’ve received confirmation, your order will be shipped! (Orders over $1000 might need to be paid in two installments over a 24 hour period. Check with your bank for your limit details).
VerjusGeneral Uses: Anything in which vinegar, wine or lemon juice would be used. For example, verjus can be used in sauces that call for a white wine reduction. Verjus can be used as a substitute for lemon juice or white wine vinegar in marinades for white meats. Verjus can also be used to make unique and tasty glazes for scallops and fish. Verjus can be used to make salad dressings. My personal favorite is a green dressing that incorporates verjus, Dijon mustard, and several green herbs like parsley and cilantro.
VerJus works with fish and the acidity in the dressing compliments wines
- 4 ozVerjus
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, leek, and scallions
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 oz olive oil or vegetable oil
Nonalcoholic drinks: Verjus can be used to make great spritzers for a different and refreshing drink.
- 1 part Verjus
- 4 parts sparkling water
- Splash of orange juice
- Slice of fruit, anything from orange or lemon to mango